Digital Marketing Strategy is an important aspect of any business, whether large or small. Without marketing efforts, you won’t be able to find any customers, and without customers you won’t have any sales. These days many businesses are moving from traditional marketing to digital marketing because it is faster with the results and low on cost.
Digital Marketing involves promoting your products and brand through online media, namely the internet. In order to make digital marketing work for your business, you need a good Digital Marketing Strategy which will outline what online marketing methods and channels you will use to achieve your goals, as well as what specific campaigns you intend running. It must be understood that there is no one digital marketing strategy that fits all, on the contrary, it differs from business to business, because each business will have different goals and different priorities.
So, how do you create a good digital marketing strategy? Your first step when moving into the world of digital marketing, is to partner with a good Digital Marketing Agency, who has the experience, expertise and know-how in all matters relating to Digital Marketing. These agencies employ professionals who are very knowledgeable in the subject and are up to date on the latest developments, methods and technologies in digital marketing.
Together with a good Digital Marketing Agency, you can set up your Digital Marketing Strategy as follows:
- Define your goals – Setting up your goals is one of the most important parts of creating your Digital Marketing strategy, because without goals you will have no proper direction and no way of measuring your success. Your digital marketing goals can be classified into short term, medium term and long term goals, and should include what you want to achieve, the time factor involved and how you intend to measure progress. When setting up goals it is good to follow the SMART method, which is,
S – Specific – Define precisely what you want to achieve.
M – Measurable – Ensure that you are able to measure the progress of your goals.
A – Attainable – Goals should be realistic and feasible.
R – Relevant – Your goals should be relevant to your business and align with your overall business objectives.
T – Timely – Achievement of goals should be within a certain timeframe.
- Create your buyer personas – The second most important aspect of a digital marketing strategy is knowing who you want to target with your campaigns, that is, who your intended audience is. Your buyer personas should be defined according to demographics, location and personal information such as interests, hobbies etc.
- Allocate your budget – When setting up your digital marketing strategies, you will need to clearly define how much you want to spend and your available resources. The best way is to allocate a budget for each campaign you hope to do, so that you will not overspend and drain your resources.
- Audit your existing strategy – If you already have a digital marketing strategy in place and are looking to improve on it, it is important to take time to audit your current strategy so that you know where things have not gone as expected, and make any amendments where required. Any Digital Marketing Agency, will be able to carry out digital marketing audits such as these to help businesses.
There are many advantages to creating an effective digital marketing strategy for your business. These include:
- Giving your business proper direction – Without defining proper goals your digital marketing efforts will have no proper direction and no means of measuring progress or success. Your business should have a proper direction if it is to grow and prosper.
- Reach more customers – With more and more people using online platforms for their day to day tasks, including entertainment (social media), there is a lot of potential out there for businesses to tap into.
- Easy to track and measure – There is no point carrying out any marketing strategy if you can’t measure its progress. This is why digital marketing is so good, because tracking the progress of your digital marketing efforts is very easy and accurate.
- Better experience for customers – With so many different methods and strategies in digital marketing including social media, blogs, emails, messaging etc, you can give a very personalised experience to your customers, building a great reputation for yourself at the same time.
- Affordable – Digital marketing is very cost effective as compared to traditional marketing, and the results are fabulous, so you get a very high ROI from your campaigns. This makes it a very viable option for small businesses who struggle with limited resources, because it gives them the ability to compete with their much larger competitors on an equal ground.